November 13, 2010




I made Bryn a number 2 cake, just like his big brother had a year ago.  It was decorated with some of his favorite animals, some ducks, a couple of lambs and a hare and rabbit.  We're starting a collection of the Schliech toy animals, so this was a good start.  He enjoyed opening his presents on the deck.  On the morning of his birthday he had special sprinkles on his porridge.  We did a treasure hunt with all his wee friends around the paddock surrounding the house.  I printed off a page for each mum/child that had pictures of where the children could find the next treasure.  They really got into it, which was great.  They got to find pencils, stencils, and little items for their lunch.    After that we had a picnic on the lawn before they all went home again. 
Today we're having a nice quiet day ... tag-teaming the naps so Wouter and I get some down-time as well.  I'm enjoying my mystery knit-along, where I get the next part of the pattern each week for five weeks.  I'm doing the girls version for Melinda and the boys version for Gawain. 

No comments: