February 5, 2011

Three blessings

Last night as Wouter and I sat on the couch watching the kids play together, we were just amazed at the bond they have.  Yes they are close in age, yes, sometimes it's a tad crazy, but you know what ... when I see them playing together and caring for each other - my heart just melts.
Often during the day now Gawain or Bryn will sit down with Lindy and read her stories, or I hear Gawain asking Bryn questions about a book.  The trip to the library is probably their highlight of the town day (excepting visiting Aunty Karin or Aunty Nikki) and we get a huge bag of books.

Highlights of my week so far ... singing around the table or on the couch after dinner.  We sing out of our church psalm book, and Gawain knows the words to the first verse of the first song, so we pretty much sing that most nights.  We're trying to teach some another one now.  All of them join in, even Lindy.  It is a great way of family worship - i'd be interested in knowing what other families do?

No comments: