January 17, 2011

Wonderfully Blessed on a Monday


Yesterday was Sunday ... mostly (unless I'm super organised) Sunday mornings can get a bit rushed and we scramble to load the kids, the bible, the singing books, two nappy bags, buggy and porta-cot if we need it into the car around 8.30 so that we can get to church with some spare time for the boys to have a wee-run around before going inside (it's an hr ten minute drive).  Oh - and don't forget at the gate the quick run back to the house to get the dummy/dookie/sheepie that has somehow been left on the bench. 
The drive is in a mix of entertaining the kids with singing (how many rounds of old mcdonald can you sing before going nuts) and handing crackers/bottles to the back-seat while I try to avoid having to get Wout to pull over and let me puke.  So far each pregnancy has yielded more each time of morning sickness and  wonderful car-sickness, the others it was pretty much gone by 12 weeks, but in the last month I've had real trouble with it again. 

Anyways ... that has been mostly ... I've been trying to work on now having the car at entirely packed as I can on the Saturday evening, and then Sunday goes a bit smoother.  Yesterday we had breakfast altogether as well - which was really nice.  The car ride didn't involve too much singing and I managed to keep breakfast down - a big blessing.

We're wonderfully blest with friends who we can stay with for lunches on a Sunday so we don't have to drive straight home.  The kids love seeing their friends and it is another blessing to be able to discuss the WORD with friends.  Usually the kids sleep on the drive home, which is another blessing as it gives Wouter and I some uninterrupted adult talk time.  Once at home, it can be at time carnage as I imagine waking up from sleeping in a car seat isn't that nice, so it's bottles of milo and bikkies.  Yesterday was relatively calm on that front and the boys settled into playing churches  - (the video).  Gawain was 'david's papa' (our pastor), and he was also 'janae's pop' (the deacon) handing around the tithing bag.    It was quite amazing to see how much they do pick up just from day to day routines and things.  They asked Wouter and I to sing with them, so just before dinner time we all had the Psalters (singing  books) out and spent about 20mins singing with them.  Of course they didn't sing all the words but as a family it was an amazingly wonderful time of blessing, praising the LORD.  I felt so blest to have not only the freedom to worship God in a community situation, but to worship God with my family at home in freedom.

More things I am feeling blessed with ... appliances the have timers.  It is nice to be able to set things before you go to bed and wake up to bread dough made and only needing to be cooked in the oven and a washing machine that is finished at 7am on the dot, so I can take advantage of the (as yet) no rainy weather.  We're back to making our own bread, semi-decent shop bread is getting upwards of $3.50 a loaf, and that's just not worth it, not to mention any additives and things that go with it.  I've been tinkering with my recipe, settling on 300mls water, 2 good glugs oil, 2 Tbsp honey, 1 cup wholemeal, 2 cups white, 3 tsp yeast and 1 tsp bread improver ... I made a dough then raise and bake it in the oven (total use of oven about an hour).  Since I usually bake once or twice a week in the morning anyways - i can combine it with that.

Anyways ... my three little blessings are playing with their train track, so I'm going to go and clean the kitchen now rather than later ... our internet it limited for the next week, so I thought I best get this in before it is 2pm and the computer needs to go off.

Feel free to share ... what are the blessings in your life today?

2 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely post!
Maria x

Anonymous said...

Dear Anny,
What a nice video of the boys.
They are singing!
It's funny to see how they sing with long notes.
Have a nice day!

Lots of love
Marjolein