April 27, 2007

Nappy Time

Hello everyone,
Well, the week back at school has gone ok. Only three days this week as we had ANZAC day in the middle. It was a very nice day and Wouter and I had a nice quality time day together since he's been really busy with work lately. I especially enjoyed going out for a couple of hours with him in the morning and moving the stock around (ok, I sat on the back of the bike and opened and closed gates, but it is still helping).

Today has been the usual Friday, with housework first, and then time later to do other stuff. Today my other stuff has been trying to make a cloth nappy. I got the pattern off the internet, and considering these cost about $25-30 to buy new, pricing it out, not including my time is about $8 per nappy, which is considerably cheaper. So, on Thursday I went to our fabric shop and got some reasonably uni-sex flannelet. Can't have a boy swanning around in pink nappies now can we??

The end result has turned out pretty good for a first attempt. There are few things I need to do different next time, mainly the leg elastic. But, I tried it on our neighbors newborn, and it looks like it'll fit reasonably well. So, go cloth nappies!!

(By the way, the legs in the photo are from my extremely old doll)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Wouter and Anny,

I would like to say that it is very nice to see your live in new sealand. Anny you are a great writer.
It is nice to see your old doll. haha and the clothes is making very well.
Have a nice time with your future baby.
We have now a long weekend holiday with your mother Nelleke and Job,Bart en Nadine in Drente.


Bye Marjolein van der Wal

Kim said...

WOW - you very talented lady!!!!! They look fab and just as good if not better than the bought ones!! Good for you giving it a go!

Take Care

Pequena xxx

Studie said...

Hi Wout & Anny,

It's a good idea to let us see your live in New-Zealand. Well, a little impression, but I like it.
It's a long time ago that I have send you a message I think. I have follow your updates but I'm very bussy now with my driver-license (I have had eigtheen lessons) and the very hard study.
I will update my blog soon...

The Roley 1 <:d>