July 30, 2008

The past week


Gawain is now getting about very quickly despite not crawling. He rolled right to the recyling beside the rubbish tin and decided to help himself to Papa's empty Tui ... I couldn't resist a photo before removing the bottle and the recyling tin to the back room.

Today is wet and wild. We have had a power cut this morning for four hours, but it's back on now. Wouter's boss just got home this morning and rung us to say that the road is flooded, so we're not going anywhere in a hurry. It'll probably take at least 2-3 days to subside and clear up. There are lots of slips along the road as well, so I'm quite happy to stay at home, warm, dry and snug (as long as my power stays on :smile:) Wouter was a little bored this morning so started reading my Little Treasures mag ...

Yesterday was great fun, wouter was dagging sheep again, so I packed up a picnic lunch and we spent most of the day at the woolshed. He had both his morning and afternoon sleep in the buggy there and between times I put an old flannel sheet on the ground with some of his toys and he was happy as larry to play and 'talk' to us and watch Wouter and I work. Ok, Wouter was doing most of the working, I was just sweeping the dags off the board, but it was really nice.


Last Saturday we sold our first pup, so on the way home we visited mum and dad, taking a walk around there track. It was a a bit drizzly, so out came the storm cover and it fitted nicely over the spare buggy that Mum has, so that was all good.

Anyway, hope you're all well ... looking forward to hearing from you all in Holland once you're back from holidays ... the email inbox is feeling pretty lonely!!!

No comments: