but sometimes it feels like it when I am wide awake in the wee hours. Must learn my Dutch more so I can ring Holland at wonky hours :)The past week has been relatively peaceful. Sarah, mum and dad's Labrador dog came to our place on Saturday. She is due to have puppies really soon, so that is pretty exciting. The cat doesn't like her, but they stare at each other from the window and veranda.
On Monday we had a visit to the hospital with the antenatal class, that was interesting - smaller than I expected, but nice and clean with modern equipment from what we could see.
Wouter has been busy with fencing, they haven't started lambing yet, although some of the triplets have been born this week, a little early I think?? The main lambs are not expected for another month yet.
The school has found a replacement for me for a year, which is pretty neat, it's actually my uncle, so that will be a bit different working with him for a couple of weeks at the end of the term. We are also working towards the Open Evening at school which is a big music performance. It is much work for the music teacher, and we will have lots of rehearsals in the next couple of weeks. Pretty much the entire school has some part in it. I'm the backstage person again this year, so get to stay in the staff room and herd the kids off and on the stage.
Um ... what else ... our minister is going to Holland next week, and I think he is hoping to visit Ma ... I am having lots of fun knitting bootees because I can finish them in a week, so making some for friends at the moment. Oma has knitted me a few pairs as well, so i don't really need that bigger a stock pile. We are starting to think about ordering a buggy and all that stuff - although did get a baby bath to borrow from Karin yesterday. I think the only big stuff we need to really get is the buggy and bassinet mattress.
Well, it is now 5.30, so I think i will go and find myself some breakfast before watching the early news.
Love and blessings.
Anneke, Wouter (who is still in dream land) and bubs (who has been nicely moving about while I was typing.)
No comments:
Post a Comment