July 8, 2007

Holidays

Wow - July already. Today the sun is shining after a cracker frost. Wouter and I left for a small holiday on Wednesday morning. The plan was to go to Napier for a night, then Taupo and then New Plymouth.

We had a lovely day window shopping in Hastings and Napier. In the evening we relaxed at the motel. The next day we drove to Taupo. It rained most of the drive, but when we arrived the rain cleared enough for us to visit Oraki Koreko - a thermal area just outside of Taupo. The following video clips are from that.





I have also created a monatge (sorry had to delete the other one to make a new one) from that walk - this also has a few photos at the end from Mount Ruapehu which was cuaght a glimpse of on the drive home.

View this montage created at One True Media
July Holiday '07


The night out in Taupo was amazing, we went to this wonderful restaurant which was quite posh. Even more amazing was the entree - prawn tails in a red thai curry sauce . I managed to eat all three courses, which was another change. Usually I manage a main and that's all. I had a chicken dish while Wouter stuck to steak. We shared the apple turnover for dessert.

However ... by the next morning we decided to head back home considering my cough and sore throat were past baring with. So for the past couple of days Wouter has been playing nurse to me as I've been tucked up in bed with a temperature, cough and snotty nose. Today I am feeling alot better, still a bit drained. We are expecting Wouter to come down with it if past experiences are anything to go buy, so I can look after him then. I guess that is one of the joys of being a teacher, you get all the kids bugs during the holidays.

I have also been doing some patchwork - this is my first attempt, although I will make another similar one for the baby's bassinet. I had alot of fun doing this - although it will be an expensive hobby to continue.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It isn't finished on the edging yet, but you can probably get the idea. My paintings are still going well ... have finished the outlines for another four, but haven't done the color yet. Will post photos once done.

As far as we know the baby is doing well. I am feeling him/her move pretty regularly now, although Wouter still hasn't managed to feel it (shy baby). We have another scan in two weeks time, so should be able to post more pictures then. We are 24w and 3days now, so time is ticking along. Wouter has promised to take a photo of the bump soon so you can see 'how fat I've got' - in his words.

Please remember to post a comment or email us - just so we know you're all reading this. Luv you all lots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey On. Thanks for sharing your blog with us. Shame about the holdiay...sounds like you had a lovely meal though (look at the positives). Looking forward to seeing your belly!!

Lisa

Domestic Goddess 72 said...

Hiya to you both,

Just wanted to let you know that I'd checked out your trip. Sorry you were sick for part of it! The quilting looks fantastic, something I'm yet to try.

We love to you both and bubs

Tash xxxxx

Anonymous said...

I was planning to leave a comment... but I'll make sure I do now! Anneke, you are beautiful! From the glimpses we got, what a beautiful belly!!! (Wouter, you're looking okay too mate).
Glad you're doing okay.
Love Maria