May 19, 2007

Weekly roundup

Hello friends and family - wow this week has zoomed around so fast. Things have been relatively quiet in this neck of the woods.

Wouter has finished the fenceline out in the back of the farm, so that has been a total of 6kms up very steep hills and down throre back when he gets home.
ough gullies. He took me up there last week, and I can totally understand why he has a s
School has been busy for me this week with students handing in internals (or not!! Grumpy face!!) So for the most part I have been marking quite abit.

Two nightlights this week - first was getting a package in the mail from Mum van Gelder (Oma van Gelder) ... with this inside
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It is so cute ... thanks so much!!!

Next was my trip to Palmerston North with Amber ... we dropped into Spotlight ( a fabric store) and I bought some really cute cotten prints that I am now making up into things for the baby. The first thing I tried was this sleep sack, or gro-go type bag. It has a cotton print on the outside and cozy flannel on the inside. It took me all of Saturday afternoon and most of the evening but I finished it. I have learnt patience with this ... did a little bit of unpicking. Still have to handsew the domes in, but since I did half of them wrong, I figure that would wait till I was a tad less tired.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wouter, Jeremy and Stephan went out duck shooting this morning - a sport which Wouter has decided, while he has the patience to sit in the cold and wet, he would forgo in favor of a good long walk stalking a deer or goat. They were glad for a nice hot breakfast when they got in at 8.30.

That's it for us this week ... we love getting your comments and look forward to hearing from you!!

No comments: