May 27, 2007

End of May

Wow - I can't believe we've come nearly to the end of May. We have had such beautiful weather in the past week it is amazing. Sunshine and warmth during the day, although at night it does cool right down. Here's a picture from a sunny Sunday earlier in the year. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/onikey/Photos010-1.jpg

Seems like the blog isn't letting me put up pictures, so hopefully the links work just as well.

Monday this week I received the bassinet from my father's side of the family. http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/onikey/Familyphotos009.jpg Dad slept in it, and my little brother, along with a few cousins I think. It needs total re-trimming, and I'm planning on doing it up in silvers and white to match the blanket that I have crocheted. Oma also included a few pairs of booties and a couple of knitted pants. Our collection is really starting to grow now.

Tuesday was a busy day, with Wouter out fencing and I had a late staff meeting ... but I got home and my wonderful husband had done all the vacuuming as we had visitors coming! Ain't he amazing!!

Wednesday and Thursday zoomed on by - Friday I was very glad to have a quiet day at home with no going out. Just doing the usual housework and taking it very quiet. I seem to have picked up a cold from somewhere so tried to get over that... have't yet (Sunday). I also tried out making a couple of tinsy knit hats and fitted them on our bosses 5 weeks old ... a little big, but other than that ok.

Saturday was a bit busier. Wouter mowed the lawns in the morning, while I carted the clippings away in the wheelbarrow (goes twice as fast then). In the afternoon we had a farewell open home at friends as their son is moving to Australia (boo!!) And as it settled into the evening we heard a car in the drive, and our firends had turned up to spend the evening with us which was really neat. I love that we have friends who feel ok with just bowling up and knowing we'll be fine with it! Makes life alot more fun and exciting. Amber had bought the girls PJ's along, so after a quick feed
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/onikey/Familyphotos001.jpg they were tucked up into a variety of beds ... but not before a play with Wouter.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/onikey/Familyphotos008-1.jpg

And then a quick cuddle and photo (I love using my camera) before bed - note Zara trying to escape her sisters clutches.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u239/onikey/Familyphotos006-1.jpg

Sunday (today) has been very quiet. I'm still trying to get rid of this cold, but feel 100% better than this morning ... sniffles are something I can live with I guess. Wouter is curled up on the couch reading a book - and I'm about to join him one I've finished this update ... Luv and blessings everyone!!

No comments: