July 10, 2010

The past week







Wow ... the week has zoomed past despite the rainy weather. Monday started with absolute showers of rain, however Wouter still needed to hang the side gate. The boys were super excited to be allowed out to help him, rugged up in jackets and hats and boots - the mud didn't stand a chance of getting near them.

With the Red Shed having a toy sale one, and lego being pretty much half the price, we decided to take the plunge and start our family lego collection. Gawain has enjoyed playing with it with Wouter in the afternoon when his little brother isn't around. Somehow it seemed alot bigger when we were kids ... but I guess we were just smaller. I"m amazed by the detail that goes into some of the designs. That's the collection for now, we're hoping to add to it as the years go on.

One of the boys (and my) favorite activities at the moment is to do the dishes with me. Once i've finished washing they grab two chairs and get to wash all the plastic things. This gives me time to dry and clean up the main house area - and all the mess they're making can be quickly cleaned up with a mop or old towel.

My current evening projects are a vest for Bryn, in the photo it looks a tinge greenish, but it is actually a very deep charcoal brown. I'm about 1/2 way through. If i keep going for a couple of hours each night, I should get it done by next weekend. The other photo is a new thing I have learnt, socks. This is the start of a sock for Bryn. Once i've got the hang of kid sized socks, I'm hoping to tackle some nice warm ones for Wouter and I.

Other than that, Melinda is nearly sitting, she props herself up on one elbow and then looks proudly at us, like 'look at me, I'm so clever'. She's still on a bit of a teething run at the moment, i'm hoping they come through soon because the biting isn't so much fun.

Hope to catch you all again next week!!

No comments: