July 14, 2010

Lapping up the sunshine


Yesterday ...

Yesterday we reveled in the sunshine (for the second day in a row). We pretended it wasn't the middle of winter and wore less clothing than usual. We filled buckets up with water and washed the bikes, diggers, loaders, dumptrucks and (shhh!!) even attempted to wash Papa's car.




After the little one woke we rugged her up (becuase I'm still a bit paranoid about ear infections) and she got to watch her big brothers play and get some fresh air while I rushed about and did the 'house stuff' - this time mopping floors while the boys were outside.

Then it was into the backpack for Melinda and the boys took turns walking and sitting in the buggy and off we went on an adventure through the paddocks. Yip, it was muddy and I didn't put the rain pants on so now I've got very muddy trackpants sitting in a bucket in the laundry, but it was FUN!!!! Lunch time just demanded a picnic on the deck (also helped to keep my floor cleaner for another twenty minutes or so), so we had bread and jam on the big chairs. Even Melinda had a few bits. After naps it was another favorite activity, baking. Our current favorite biscuits are a recipe that I've put together from many ... dubbed leftover bikkies. If you want the recipe, leave a message and i'll pop it up another time. Full with raisens, rolled oats, coconut, chocolate chipe and condensed milk they're crunchy when you want or you can make em chewy as well!!


Dinner time was exciting ... as Papa cooked the steak we turned the music up really load and danced and danced and danced around the kitchen. I think that was one of my favorite bits of the day. That and listening to Wouter sing to the boys before they went to sleep. Melts my heart every time.

The evening was great as well ... I finished my knitting project, a vest for Bryn.

So onto the next one ...

No comments: