Wow - we're already nearly mid-July. Time is just flying. The boys are happily occupied, so I thought I would update the blog quickly.
Gawain is busy playing with one of his best buddies - Cal the puppy on the deck, he is riding the trike that Opa Smit bought him while here, he can't get to the pedals yet, but his legs are long enough that he can still scoot around the deck. He likes putting bits of wood and pine-cones in the front tray.
Bryn is talking to himself in the jolly jumper, he can see me from down the hallway, and is a happy wee man in there. He had his morning nap and then it is all go again for a couple of hours.
We have been into town this week, which was great since it was a sunny day. Gawain got to play outside with my friend's kids in the sand-pit. He loved it! He is very much an outside boy. I am very thankful for the red wet pants, it means I can spot him from accross the paddock when I'm getting the firewood and keep a good eye on him. He decided on Monday that he was going to be a chicken and it took a good five minutes of convincing before he came out of their coop. I couldn't go in and get him as I had Bryn in the back-pack. We are enjoying using hte back-pack - with all the mud about, especially when we go down to the wool-shed it is easier to take the back-pack for Bryn and Gawain walks really well. Not the fastest, but that is ok.
It was fun to watch the ewes being scanned on Saturday - the farm has been blessed with a higher rate of pregnancy in the ewes than last year, something for which we are thankful for. Wouter has been busy with stock work lately, as the weather means paddocks get very muddy and things take alot longer to do. We are also looking forward to his heading bitch Missy having her pups at the end of the month. The scanner reckoned there were 4 pups, so that will be a nice number to have around for a few months before we sell them on.
Well, that's about it really. I am enjoying my sewing, having made a dressing gown for Gawain, and a hat and skirt for myself. I am thinking about an overlocker BUT they are very expensive, so it might have to wait a little bit.
Hope to hear from you all - hope all you Dutch people are enjoying your holidays - we love to hear from you, all to often it is too long between times we hear. Thank you Madelene for ringing the other night!! Hugs from us to Thirzah!!
No comments:
Post a Comment